Saturday, October 13, 2007

My God, my all

My God is an awesome God. My God, He loves me.

I went to cell group as usual, not knowing He has already planned to answer that night.

The songs were my prayer. He knows my heart well, well enough that every single lyrics of the songs were meant to be my prayers. He allows me to lift up all that i have to Him, though all that i have is none. He assures me that He takes broken heart and He loves me. He allows me to touch His presence and know that He is near. He is my God, my strength, my all. My only desire.

The ice-breakers were my joy-giver. It was only few hours ago that i went to God, tearing and asking for joy. And it was that very instant in ice-breakers He got me bursting in laughters, not knowing He is working in me to take away my old teary heart and replace it with a new joyful heart. Soon after, i realized i was no longer dwelling in sadness and self-pity. What an awesome God He is.

The Words were answers to my prayer. He is cutting off my unfruitful branches and pruning my furitful branches so that i can be more fruitful. So that His blessings can be more abundant and apparent in me. He only prunes those that allow themselves to be pruned by Him. He only prunes those that are called to be His children. Yes, it is times like this that i am learning to identify the unfruitful part of me and ask God to remove them all. He loves me so, that He prunes me.

Dear God, my God, teach me to humble myself to whole heartedly turn to You. Teach me to show more kindness and patient, not giving in to my own sinful nature to do what is not lovely in Your eyes. Teach me to be more lovely when i feel like being grumpy. Thank you that You are pruning away all my unfruitful parts, so that i can be a better person. Teach me to lean on You on your words and assurance, and not lean on my own understanding, my own feeling and my own strength. I thank You with all my heart, for assuring me once again that even though i walk through the dark times in my life, You never abandon me. Not even once. I love You so, and my life is joyful because of You.

F- forsaking

A- all

I - i

T - take

H - Him

Yes Lord, teach me to abondon myself and take all of You. I love You, my God.

No comments: