Sunday, October 12, 2008

Some things are compelled to change... when i choose to honor God.

“…For those who honor Me, I will honor…”
1 Samuel 2:30


i want to be an honorable person.. i want to honor wisdom..

Proverbs 3:13-16
13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
the man who gains understanding,
14 for she is more profitable than silver

and yields better returns than gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies;

nothing you desire can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand;

in her left hand are riches and honor.

2 Chronicles 1:7-12
7 That night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."
8 Solomon answered God, "You have shown great kindness to David my father and have made me king in his place. 9 Now, LORD God, let your promise to my father David be confirmed, for you have made me king over a people who are as numerous as the dust of the earth. 10 Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?"
11 God said to Solomon, "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, 12 therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have."



If you have a heart that pursues wisdom, God may bless you with all the rest, because you will have the wisdom to be a good steward of what you have.

What then, are you steward of..? If Solomon is steward of the kingdom given by God, then how about you..?

We have:

(1) Possesions- money, car, food.

(2) Body- mouth, voice, hands, legs, talents, gifts, skills

(3) soul- mind & heart

(4) spirit - Holy Spirit


True wisdom comes with the application of the knowledge.

Having discernment of what is good and what is evil.


Seeing life from God’s point of view


But bare in mind, that as you do, you will probably be compelled to change the way you live your life, the things you set as priorities, the people you listen to, the people you surround yourselves with and the things you expose yourself to.
=Anonymous=

James 1:5 “If any of you lack wisdom, ask of God”

When i tell people about wisdom, i myself wanna practise wisdom. i wanna do what i preach, because Jesus did what he preached..

At times, i have chosen to do the wrong thing, and to go my way..
so now when i put wisdom into action, some things are compelled to change..

though i might not be able to see the good of wisdom now, i believe in His time He will show me what's better to come when i choose to honor wisdom and honor God..

God i lay down my dreams, my desire, my heart, my life unto Your hand, all i want is You. You deserve all of me. You are worthy, You are worthy, You are worthy to be praised and adored..

God loves me so much more than my parents, so much more than anyone else on earth could ever love me.. He has done so much for me, so much more than i could ever ask for or dream of.. when i think of what He has done for me for the past two years, good and bad, i am just overwhelmed..

i do what i do because i love God.
=Tim Bergman=

1 comment:

siehjin said...

what an encouraging and inspiring post! =)

i am reminded and motivated to also seek and practice God's wisdom in my life, and to pursue Him above all. may it be so for all who read. =)

God bless! =)