Saturday, May 12, 2007

This tree...




May 01


Even though i am sitting here on the chair facing my Human anotomy and physiology book, my mind is still thinking of the tree that i saw while walking back from school this evening. It was the only tree among the other green trees that is showing the sign of autumn. It stood out because of its colour when On any other ordinary Tuesdays, i would just walk pass without noticing this tree!

It is a tall and leafy tree, with colours of the leaves ranging from red, orange, yellow, lime green to green. From far, it looks like the tree we used to paint in paper for Pendidikan Seni back then in high school, where the colour of the tree is laterally changing - reddish orange at one side, yellowish in the middle , and greenish at the other side.

It was really captivating. It was so beautiful that once i reached home, i decided to take my camera and made my way towards the location of the tree to take a picture of it, before all of its leaves turn monocolour or go bald.

Some day in the future, i will take picture of the tree when its leaves turn all yellow..


I decided to pen it down, when after 10 years i re-read this post, i will be reminded of His message that came in disguise.


Every Tuesday, i have two labs- chemistry lab and pharmaceutics lab. Each lab takes 3 hours and so i have a total of 6 hours lab in a day(=P just trying to do a simple calculation over here, 3 + 3 = 6 muahaha). Class starts from 8am til 5pm, with one hour lunch break in between.
ok, put it this way, 8am-9am Pharmaceutics tutorial, 9am-12pm chemistry lab, 1pm-2pm chemistry lecture, 2pm-5pm parmaceutics lab.

During the 8am tutorial, we were given sudden latin abbreviation quiz. yityeng and me were surprised. we tried hard to figure out what Ung. means.. phew, at the very last minute, it came to me that Ung. means oinment ^^ hihi.. but then, we didnt do really well overall, we should have gotten all correct as it was an easy paper. at the end of this tutorial we were asked to pass up the BP assignment. and gosh, only then i realized i forgot to bring the whole file for today's class-that includes chem lab paper, chem lec paper and pharmaceutics lab write-ups!!

however, the teacher was kind enough to allow me to pass up at 9am instead of that instant. right after class, which was 8.50am, i had exactly 10mins to run back to house and get the file, pass it up to her at lab 219 and rush to chem lab! ^^ i managed to, but it was tiring, i was panting when i reached chem lab. in the chem lab, everything went fine till, when i hmm, accidentally dipped the mixture too low that the water from the water bath actually got into my beaker and polluted my mixture =.=''' but ^^ again, cuz my supervisor (after a deep thought) said "it's all right, u can proceed, no harm to product" . i heaved a sigh of relief. phew!

when my final product underwent the Shioch suction (forgotten the scientific terms , sorry) , the supervisor came to have a look and said "yeah, that's fine, that's good!" ^^ yippie. but it was really a real close to failure in experiment! thank God! oh, this part kind off threw me into emotional swing. We were given assignment, and were to do it in groups of two or three. I was hoping to do it with Jac and Yityeng, yay!!

however, my lab partner was another guy friend. and jac actually partnered yityeng in lab. As i stood there in front of the form (one where we fill in group members and title of assignment) , i sort off hinted to Jac that 3 of us should do one assignment together-gether. Jac, standing to my right, replied, "how bout ur lab partner then?" while my lab partner stood by my left replied "oh, then i alone izit?" Ah, so i have no choice, or rather, i have to go for the one that is not of my choice. I in the end partnered my lab partner for this assignment.

I felt heavy, because i was expecting to be with jac and yityeng. i really wanted to be with them in doing this assignment. it would be easier for me to partner them because we're staying in the same house and the time for group discussion will be flexible and that three of us can work physically together-gether. but , yeah, i cant, so i really felt heavy at heart.

that feeling was carried all the way to my lunch time and to my chemistry lecture time. i wasnt able to concentrate in the first 15mins of lecture. i felt like screaming. Just like what Pastor Micheal Battersby said last Sunday, sometimes adult do feel like a kid. even though i am not an adult yet, but i really feel like "merajuk-ing" . i wanna stomp my feet, pull my face, suck my tumb, and bow my head, walk heavily and promptly towards the corner of the room to sob. yet ^^ the later 30mins of the chem lecture, i actually was able to grasp hold of what the lecture was all about. after chem lecture, i rushed to pharmaceutics lab. and in the middle of washing my cylindrical measure, i accidentally hit it hard at the water tap and broke it! i broke a 50mL cylindrical measure, SOBZZZZ.....!!!!

was disappointed at myself. this was one of the three. the other one was when i mixed a drug into a solution, percipitate actually formed, when no percipitate is supposed to form at all. not long after, i figured out the reason for that percipitate formation. i mistakenly recognised drug B as drug A to be added into the solution. SIGH, i have to do it all over again. yea, was disappointed at myself, cuz Shelly Kinsella said before, as a pharmacist , we cant afford to make a single mistake. We have no excuse at all to make a mistake! we are dealing with human's life! precious life! the last one, was that i did some writing mistakes in my paper write-ups.

My supervisor, Oxana, she was really kind to me, really kind to extend where i feel she should have just minus my marks and give me a good lesson. but she didnt, she gave me chances after chances. she looked straight into my eyes and smiled. a warmth and friendly and cheerful smile, one that makes me feel even worse, as a pharmacist student who do not deserve all these good chances =<>

So then, after a long day, i walked home together with yityeng, pondering at all that took place since early morning.

Till i came upon this tree, when my heart suddenly feels at peace again, when i can smile and feel something is special. This tree was really beautiful. Really beautiful.

God speaks to His people in many many ways, ways you can think of and ways you cant. And He speaks through His creations.

On the third day of creation, God decided to "let the land produce vegetation, seed bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kind. And it was so. The land produced vegetation; plant bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good". Genesis 1:11-12.

This tree that i saw, is created by Him. This tree is His creation. The Creative Director places His stamp of ownership on this tree. It is good in His sight and therefore it is good in our sights. How is it good in His sight and therefore in our sights?
The creation testifies of one great Creator, who is creative and wisdomful, who puts everything right in their place and in its correct timing.

He decides which leaf to fall and which to stay to the branches, He decides which leaf to be of which colours, and their sizes and shapes. God designs the tree so intricately, wonderfully so well. He directs the direction of which the wind blows, its soothing speed and its cooling temperature. The wind came in a God-designed package!! This Creator must be great! He is great, greatest of the greatest!

I suddenly recalled "there is nothing that He doesnt know. He knows every strand of your hair, He knows which one falls and which one not. He knows you inside out, He knows you even when you're still in your mother's womb. He knows every little thing of your past and your future. Indeed, He is in you!". if it is such, and i believe it is indeed such, then God must know my feeling as well. He knows it very well. it makes me feel loved and priviledged, knowing there is someone who knows exctly how you feel and what you are going through, without even needing you to tell or say anything. I do not have to spend half an hour typing sms to let one knows of what were happening that day. This very instant, God knows. He knows.

God must have know this time will come when i have a tiring and exhausting day. When i need His refreshment and assurance of His existance. When my spirit needs to be lifted up and my soul recharges once again. When all i seek is rest and peace. When my emotion needs to be calmed down. When i am being reminded of His love and His promises. When i long to hear His assurance that He holds me dearly in His palms. God must have know my needs today and so He created plants in the very beginning and places one beautiful one for me today, so that He can speak to me and just awe me by surprise once again. He has deeply captured my heart.
Yes, today He did. He did. He gave me all i need. He is all i need. I shall not be in want.

Psalms 23:1-3
The Lord is my shepherd, i shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.

This realization of how dear and how close is He to me, puts smile into my life. My days might be even worse, but i have enough reason to feel glad and assured. Because He is always around to tell me that He is with me and that He knows.

If i am given only 10 seconds in this whole life to speak, i will say nothing else other than telling Him how much i love Him.

No comments: