Monday, May 12, 2008

My mum-Mii

i called her Mummy when i was young-ER...
now i call her "mii".. shortform from "mummy".

Today in church, i hear many testimonies and words of gratitude from many children of how good their mums are.
they thank their mum for all the things their mum have done like
- speeding over redlight to make sure daughter reach destination on time
- killed the bug
- take pics together
- smile and forgive
- lunchboxes to school
- motherdaughter chat
- saying "i Love you" to each other
- etc etc etc

Deep down in my heart, i know my mum and i didnt share much of those times like what i mentioned above. I used to think that there is not much love in her, but over the yrs as i grow up, i learn to see the other side of my mum's love for me.

She love me a lot in her special ways. Thinking of how she love me brought me to tears, even more as i grow and see clearly her action of love.

As i said in my old old post, i wasnt from a nice typical family ( BUT I THANK GOD FOR IT,CUZ I LEARN TO SEE LOVE AND APPRECIATE THEM MORE NOW). there were lots of fights and heated arguments as we children grew up. YET, She choosed to stay with the family when she could have just leave us and go for a better life.

She disciplined me with rotan whenever i misbehaved, but she applied medicines for my rotan marks.

When i heard her cried silently in the room, i know she was sad but she never let us know, cuz i know she do not want us to be distracted from our studies.

She always complaint that i need to be drived to tution centre, yet despite all the complaints she still drove me there and paid for my tuition fees, unfailingly.

She washed my school uniform with hands and complained of backache, yet the week after she stil continues to handwash my school uniform because she said washine machine will never be able to make my white shirt as clean and as white compared to her handwash.

She leave me to do housechores when i hated so, so that i learn not to be lazy.

She didnt give me much pocket money all the while so that i treasure the hard-earn money of dad.

She listened silently when other aunties brag of the holidays they went and dinners at restaurants, and came home and still cook dinner for us and does all the house chores faithfully.

She has never done expensive shopping, manicure or even spend of luxurious food to pamper herself... but she ate all our leftover foods, bought cheap shoes for herself and waited for me when i came home late.

Most of all, she bore all the heartaches and cried all the tears for the family YET she choosed to stay because of us... i witness my mum's heartaches and disappointments, YET she choosed to not leave us..

My mum might not smile to me that often, nor praised me, or even take sweet-sweet photos with me...
but i know she is proud of me and she loves me with all her energy thoughout all the years..
she gave me all that she can though all that she has is not much...
she stayed strong despite tears and sorrows..

What other mums could have easily provide for or do, it took her 10x more effort and sacrifices to provide and do it for us...


She never tell me "i love you" but i know She does...
she taught me action speaks louder than words and love never fails...

When i graduate, i want to bring her to holiday..
i want to go to morning market with her as often as possible..
i want to pamper her with all the good things and bring her for dinner often..
i want to buy comfortable shoes and nice dress for her..
i want to drive her to church and sit beside her..

Mii, i will study hard to graduate and give you the best that i can offer..

this means I LOVE YOU, Mii...

3 comments:

carmen said...

That's so touching.I can feel the love, the tears,the flame n snow as i read ur post.Its so true and promising when U make a vow and tell the behind scene story of mum.If i go back home, i hope can read to her bout ur post.Is it ok?
(: love U

~*~ LiTtLe MomEnTs AloNg ThE wAy ~*~ said...

i shy le...!!!!!!!!!

Cxtreme said...

touching indeed.

just keep this post with u as a constant reminder of the promises that u have just made to ur mom