Thursday, May 8, 2008

I took for granted...

This morning i walked to school with Jaclyn as usual.

We walked through the Bentley Park. As we walked towards school, a bus sopped in front of us and a lady got down from the bus. No big deal cuz everyday, thousands of people got down from sOO many buses everywhere, isn't??

This lady was ahead of us so i couldnt help looking at her. But it took only like 5 seconds when she caught my attention. I observed her in silence. She isnt very tall nor slim. I saw the way she walked. She seemed to struggle hard to make every step a success. I dont know if i am being too emotional but i felt the walk really took all her strength and energy. She is having limb problem.

My heart took pity on her. How does she feels? Suddenly a feeling of gratitude filled my heart. I thank God that He gave me perfect legs that i can walk like most of the people. I really thank God for giving me perfect limbs. I really thank God that i grow up healthily.

Sometimes, i am just too focused on my small and insignificant problems, that i had taken God's blessing for granted. For many many other things in life, i should have been more than grateful to God yet i choosed to look at the other side of thing.
I am just too foolish that i need God to put a real life example right in front of my eyes to shake me up from my own small room and start to thank God for many big things and how blessed i am compared to many other people.

I thank God cuz He provide my every meal that i was never malnourished. I thank God that i can walk and i can move. I thank God that He gave me a family that i can love. I thank God for giving me education.

And as i walked back from school at about 11am, two grandmas' walk past us. Normally we'll look ahead unless i realize the grandma was looking at me with a smile then only i greet her Good Morning one ma. But this grandma was wearing glasses that i cant see whether was she looking at me anot.. So anyway, grandma broke the silence of noon when she suddenly greeted us "Good Morning darling".... Aaaaaw... so sweet, felt like an angel just spoke to me.. Though her face may have wrinkles, but her face shined like sun and her smile is as refreshing as the morning sea breeze. Felt like, her great smile and greet has just made my day...!

For all these, i thank God.

6 comments:

~Darrel~ said...

amen..u also walk like one of them..hehe..

~*~ LiTtLe MomEnTs AloNg ThE wAy ~*~ said...

ggggrrr..... >.<'''

~Darrel~ said...

wah..u wake up so early to gggrrrr...
i tot your morning yawn is so so so unique one..i miss your yawn...its so UNIQUE..haha..
sienz..i thinking of bubble tea now..hint! hint!

~*~ LiTtLe MomEnTs AloNg ThE wAy ~*~ said...

where got, dun simply say ler >.<''' ........................

exam coming!

Cxtreme said...

i read this saying that i think is very meaningful...

" i wept becuase i had no shoes..until i saw the man who had no feet"

i thank God for giving the lady the strength to carry on, that no matter what the burden, our Lord is there to carry it with her and for her that all things are possible through Him...

~*~ LiTtLe MomEnTs AloNg ThE wAy ~*~ said...

thanks cextreme, that is rlly beautiful encouragement.. ^^