Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rev Dr Garry Coleman

This morning i went to Sunday Service as usual. The guest speaker was Rev Dr Garry Coleman.

He gave sermon about true happiness if i didnt get him wrong. His sermon was really really really inspiring.

He said, very convictedly:

1) True happiness is found only in the quiet solitute with God, especially when everything else is falling apart.
I couldnt agree more... i have had great time fellowshipping with friends, laughters for hours, joke cracking non-stop, and etc, but in the end of the day, i stil felt something is missing. the happiness ended when the laughter ended. Then only i realized, what is everlasting, never runs out, the real inner joy that is God given is all i ever needed... found in the quiet solitute with Him.. it's just like.. we won't know what is real trust, unless we're put into situation where it is hard to trust..

2) God says " I know who you are, I have been watching you for years"
in my case, God has been watching over me for 20.5 years.. more to that, He thought of me and knew me by name, long before i was formed, long before my parents had me in mind... I think getting older means more things that we dont tell people.. i remember when i was much younger and teenage, there were none that i didnt tell anyone.. i shared everything with my best friends and elder sister.. but getting older (and wiser, kihkihkih), there are things that sometimes is better not to tell, like in certain situations where we should learn to be quiet for the benefits of other ppl and stuff, then i find it rather hard for me, cuz i still am used to tell ppl close to me about stuff.. sometimes, there are also some personal stuff that i just couldnt tell people around me, because (reasons are confidential, lol).. but even if i dont tell God, He knows... He knows when i dont know, and He knows when i dont tell... having a being like that that know WHO I AM REAL INSIDE and watches over me is just... so... loving and dear... the one and only that i can pour my heart's content to...

3) Faith is not based on feeling or fabulous music, it is about who HE is and how solid i am
Well, i didnt know this untill when i was 16yrs old. my church pastor told me faith in Christ is like a train, but the head of the train is not feeling, instead it is conviction.. and the conviction was long time ago already given in the Words, His promises.. Then only i realize, whenever i sing song but i couldnt feel His presence, but by faith, i know God is in me and THERE in the room, He is walking around the room and watching over me, waiting for me to draw near and go back to Him.. He is Omnipotent....

4) if President comes into the room, we stand up as sign of respect.. but when God comes into the room, we can only BOW DOWN in worship and adoration..
he asked us to ask ourselves, have we really met God...??? have i really met God.. ?? inspect myself...

5) i have no idea how this is going to work, i dont know how to settle this thing, but i know He is in me, because He has promised to be faithful...
this is really great comfort and assurance to me.. i mean, i knew He will be with me, but at times, we needs solid reminders either from ppl around or His words, that He is with me..

and at this time of mid-sem exam when i'm not at all well prepared for, i can only trust in Him to pull me through.. God, please gives me peace and stillness in you... that it is not the change of circumstances that will give me courage to go through this, but the change of my heart to rely and trust in You more, this will give me all i need to live...

No comments: