Monday, February 25, 2008

Knowing God's will

I wonder how is God's will for me in terms of my relationship, hahaha. Seeing one by one of my close friends getting into a relationship or almost going into a relationship soon in the near future, really makes me think deep (dream deep??) when is my turn..?? when...? sometimes, drives me nut.. nah, JUST KIDDING, not that serious, hahahaha..

Few weeks ago, which was Valentines' Day, i was at the Lumut beach selling FLowers with B-Chai and Jia Jun, and mind you, i lost my RM1500 camera that day too, alright. Whereas, one of my good friends celebrated the V-Day by having candle-light dinner in a cosy restaurant, and the guy had the florist delivered to her a huge bouquet of roses in the middle of the romantic dinner. Everyone in the restaurant was looking at her with envy, imagine how rOmaNTic that is? so, now do u SEE THE DIFFERENCE between me and her...??
i share her happiness, i sincerely do! => but i do wish i have that too, haha..

(WOW , i will sound so desperate) but i do want to go dating, movie watching in cinema, beach strolling, cooking together and stuff like that, SOmEtiMeS......

HOWEVER, the other day pastor was telling us the story in Genesis 39:1-23. This story gives me DOUBLE confirmation of what i thought to be God's will for me.

Anyway, it is about the story of Joseph son of Jacob and Potiphar's wife. Initially Joseph was sold to Egypt by his envious brothers. Joseph gained the favor of God and God made him Potiphar's personal servant, one whom was in charge of the whole household. He has to worry for nothing except what to eat. However, Potiphar's wife desired Joseph. She seduced and tempted Joseph every single day. Joseph stood strong and made the decision to run away from her and even rejected her. Though in the end Joseph was accused by Potiphar's wife and was sent to jail, there he once again gained favor from jail warden and bla bla bla..

What have i learnt from this?
I learnt that God gave us the priviledge to make choices. And i want to make the right choice, in line with His will. Throughout my summer break, God has pretty much confirm with me that i shall...

CHOOSE NOT TO GET INTO RELATIONSHIP, UNTIL THE DAY I GRADUATE FROM UNIVERSITY.
By that time, i will already be 23 years old. And all of my close friends would have gotten into relationships for some time. I will have miss out all those sweety bubbly "paktor" time that people around me are enjoying. I will miss out a lot a lot, but ...

God from the "Joseph and Potiphar's wife" story has also taught me that making the right choice sometimes will cost us. It cost Joseph his career as Potiphar's trusted servant and his reputation. Making the right choice doesnt guarantee IMEDIATE relief, or IMEDIATE positive result. But God eventually bless Joseph to be the Governor of Egypt, didn't He...?

Making this choice cost me to miss out "all those sweety bubbly paktor time and stuff". Making the right choice doesnt guarantee me a spouse now. But i know making this choice is the right thing to do. I learn and i want to lay down my earthly desire and wait for the best from God. The best doesn't conform to the "worldly-best" but best because he will suits me the most. In exchange of my commitment of singlehood now, i trust God by His mercy and grace to bless me with a relationship that is worthy of the wait. That's a pretty much good trade isn't it? I mean, trade in 3 or 4 years of my youth in exchange for a 80year or more for ONE relationship that is of God's will and favor!!! That is so so so worthy of the wait....!! but again, there's no certainties so far, who knows God who always does things unexpectedly in my life, will want me to be single only, hihihi...!!!

Why should i be corncerned of God's will and making the right decision? Because anything that is not God's will will not bring me anywhere and i will not inherit the best that God wants to bless me with. Because i say I Love God and that means abiding by His words and His will for me. Even Jesus's last prayer at his cross was "not my will, but Thy will". Jesus was not concerned with his own will but his Father's will.

I will wait upon the Lord. I want to graduate to honor and serve Him. I want to be fruitful in my days as a student and member of the church. I want to increase in knowledge of Him. All if, by God's grace and will.

...
......
.........

Alright, no more "Wu Liao Emo-Emo" after this. =>

No comments: