Wednesday, February 25, 2009

TO ZPH Community Service,


Christmas is just around the corner. Everyone is busy shopping for Christmas gifts on the latenight shopping and weekends. Everyone is looking for gifts to bless dear ones. Community Service Ministry too, sees the need to bless the community during this celebration season.
On the 14th of December after Sunday Celebration, a group of Young Adults and Passion people gathered in Zion Centre to practice for caroling. Led by Crystal and Bao Ting, this group of people prepared themselves for caroling to “Nursing Home”. I too, was given such privilege when invited by Usha to join the caroling.

We arrived at “Nursing Home” and without delay, made our way to the common room where the residents were already waiting. Everyone took their position in a choir formation and started caroling. Carol songs such as like Silver Bells and Felix Navidad instantly lifted up the atmosphere in the room. Many residents clapped their hands in respond to the melodious tunes. Some even sang along with us and move their body harmoniously with the songbeats.

Despite their age and physical limitation, these residents look bubbly and vibrant with huge smile on their faces. Two particular residents expressed their gratitude to me with much tears, kisses on my cheeks and tight hug that seemed hard to depart.

I cried as well because I could no longer hold back the tears. Tremendous joy and contentment overflowed my heart that very instant. I was also deeply humbled by their gratitude. Very soon, it was time to say goodbye to the “nursing home”. I went home heart broken and overwhelmed.

Though not verbally, the residents taught me the real joy and contentment, one lesson that I have long forgotten as Christian. Like God, who gave his one and only begotten Son to the world, us too can play our parts on earth by spreading and sharing the joy and hope to the needy community around us. What’s more, I learn that sometimes the best gift that we can offer is not physical materials, but true joy, happiness, hope and peace that fill one’s life inside out. I prayed that through this experience, my heart is broken for good purpose.
You too, can experience God tremendously. Join Community Service Ministry now and allow God to speak to your heart as He draws you closer to Him each time. Decision is yours to make and reward is yours to receive, when you choose to serve Him today. God bless you. ^^
From,
Cheah Yen

No comments: