Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sun rises


The night before, i went to bed at 9.30pm. By 1am, i was awaken by my thirst. After drinking water, i couldnt sleep no more. I spent two hours lying on the bed with my eyes shut, trying to sleep but my mind just couldnt rest. I wanted to sleep because i have test later in the morning at 9am. I need to sleep. But i couldnt sleep.

I gave up trying to sleep. I got off from bed at 3am and fry myself an egg to go with bread and cheese. I sms-ed yuwan. It's 5am in Melbourne and i know she would have been awake at this hour of the day. True enough, she was awake ^^ my dear friend. She couldnt sleep either. I mms-ed her my pic (as u can see above).

Yuwan replied, saying i looked different. She said i need to smile. That sent me into thinking mode again. Where have my smiles been..? did i left in on the bed..? probably.. because at this hour, most people would still be sleeping while i was already awake two hours ago. I remember how i smiled when i was in Intec Shah Alam.

She asked me what i was doing. I took a glance through my room's window. All i could see was darkness. It was still dark outside. I want to see sunrise.

Later, i went out of my house and had a look around. The sky turned blue and there's the half-full moon. It was quiet and chilly.

* These few days i have been waking up early. Constantly trying to peep the sun through my room window to see if it is sunrise time. But then i realized the sun couldnt be seen, as it rises from the back of my house. Yet i know it is sunrise, through the signs of the long shadow of the dawn and the orange-filled sky overtaking the darkness of the night. Birds started to chirp, breaking the silence. By all these signs, i know it is sunrise,it is the start of a brand new day.


In the same way, we have been constantly searching for God Himself in our lives. But when we try too hard to find Him and He Himself seems invisible, it is up to us to take it on faith, and to see the "signs" of God's works in our lives. Or sometimes we just enjoy seeing the "signs of dawn" without realizing it is God who is the Author of Dawn. This morning is still the sign of dawn, a new day, a new start which God is revealing to us. He has mystery deeper than our understanding. *

Blessed morning, every one.



After writing down my reflection, i went to the lawn and observed the sunrise from the other side of the house. It was captivating. The sun beam was direct, hitting straight into my eyes that my eyes couldn't help look at it without blinking non-stop.

Yet it was beautiful. When God appears, His beams of glory will be many times brighter than the beams of sun. At that time, no one will be able to withstand His glory, all that breath will fall in wonders and adoration to You alone.


Captured by the sight of Your wonders...


After enjoying the view of sunrise, i walked around Vickery House. The roses that blossom few weeks ago, was still looking good with some sprinkle of morning dew on them.

It was a beautiful morning walk with God. Seeing His majestic creations lie in front of me, tells me i have a great God. One who will never surpass me.
I yearn to have more morning quiet walk with God, only me and God. When there is no one that i can turn to for comfort, only He and He alone comes to me and put peace in my heart.
I am filled with bliss for long. My soul is satisfied and i want for nothing else other than dwelling in Your presence. My true and Only satisfaction.

1 comment:

dayong said...

Wonderful morning!!! hehe... now i know who should i sms with when i awake in 3 am. ^^