Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Penang where i was born

o yea, i went to Penang from 28th Nov till 5th Dec, hehe... what’s best of all from this trip is to see my beloved Ah Ma....!!! she’s a great lady, she can do all things. When i was very young, she baked all sorts of traditional cookies for new year and cooked all the dishes...!!she made me the bead-bag, yellow and white beads...!! but too bad, my body as growing exponentially that time that i was too tall to carry the short strap bead bag. Nevertheless, i still keep it, it was and still is my only specially hand-made bag....!! only me, the only person in the world have this bag =P...oh well, each of her grandchildren has one, but one differs from the other, our grandma made us felt so special..!!! she made “tang yuen” and wrapped “zhang” for us during the festive days too...!!! she also made “kaya jam” which i enjoyed eating with the pink bun....!! she basically cooked everything for us all, her beloved grandchildren...!! whenever i visited her in penang, she would brought us to the morning market, local people there refer morning market as “apolo” and i wonder why, till today, lol... i was always happy and felt extremely homey when surrounded by people that talk in Hokkien, especially in the “apolo”. Even though she could not do all these things anymore now due to her illness, the fond memories she gave me has always kept me loving her madly till now...!!! oh and my grandma smells like lavender, she used lavender talc powder after bath all the times...!!! hihihiih



During my visit, i stayed with my aunt- my mum’s younger sis. As said, she is younger than my mum only by 3years, hehehe, but in this pic, i think me and my aunt look more like sisters rather than aunt and niece, hehehehehe... i’m not old, is her that is young ok =P.


Me, my cousin sister, and my sis, hihihihi..


Mmm, throughout the trip, my sis has been staying with me. With her around, i automatically become lazy. Lazy to keep my stuff in order, or even remembering where i placed them. She is the one that did all the motherly things for me-where is my toothbrush, my shirt is lost, i forgot to wash this that, i couldn’t find the comb, the shower water is cold, things like that... she is my great sis.. we had lots of arguments during our growing ups (guess it was my weather like mood swing and my rebellious attitude...) but now that we are both young people ( or it was me that finally grow more mature compared to last time), i think we are like best friends now... i mean, i called her often and we talked about everything, i once called her and cried only.. hehehe.. i think, i knew that she knows i wont be home for a long time (like, 2 or 3 years) after this 3months break, so she took extra lovely good care of me whenever she is around.. sobz.... sobz.... i really appreciate it, sis.. i love u...!


Night view from my aunt/s place, very very very twinkling...!!!!! but one thing that is of interest is that at night, when strogn wind blows, it produces this spooky sounds "whooooooo"... "wooooh"..... "woooosh".... long draggy one... eew.....!!!

Aiyer, puppies...!!!! hehehehe, they belong to my cousins- Ng Lai Chung, Ng Kwang Hooi, Ng Soo Phaik and Ng Soo Chen.. hiihihihihi....



i have a sweet cousin bro that loves me alot, he is Kwang Hooi. He is only one week older than me but he take cares of me like an older brother. ^^ i love my cousin bro too....!!



oh, and we all went to the seaside to have the famous fruit rojak, together with grandma. We took turn to feed grandma, hihihi, the rojak was so nice, especially when you eat it at seaside with the afternoon sunbeams and sticky salty smell of the beach water, lol... hahahah... super got “feel”....!!

One of the purposes of going to penang is to shop, shop and shop. What to say, i have restricted myself from buying shirts when in perth, due to the conversion rate, hehehe.. and it definitely saves a lot by shopping in Malaysia. Hihihi.. =P


Time to leave, i've been in penang for a week, it's tie to go bac to sitiawan. bye bye everyone...!! wll come back son, cuz i promised lai Chung to eat sushi with him already, he "chia" me, hahahah...!!

2 comments:

Pwinncess said...

the time we were at ur ah yi's place seems like ystrday only..!!

o.O

~*~ LiTtLe MomEnTs AloNg ThE wAy ~*~ said...

yeah man....!!! the pics stil in my laptop, maybe wil put them in too.... hihihi...!!! love ya, gal...!!