Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Remembering

There is an endless day
when i hear it whisper
gently into me
as far as my memory can lead me
i could only remember...
How could it be?
that it was a mistake, a wrong take
the moment i obeyed my own desire
my own desire

what was is
that was broken was shattered?
was given with no returned?
was ruined beyong repair?
sadness and bitter
came uninvited
sorrow and tears
the unwelcome guest.
choose to retract into my shell
hide there in quietness in darkness
deprive from the world
and all that is moving
no one sees
heaven calls out to me
loved ones try to bail me out
the world shouts at me
yet when all is done
i am still i am
crushed
defeated
to God Almighty i cry out
Abba Father
have mercy
grace of unending love
chains need to be broken
release my soul my spirit
save a wretch like me
a wretch like me
a broken heart
a rotten past
all of me that is gone
and none of me that remains
O God My only Savior
if You that said
my hope is in Your promise
my strength is in Your power
my life is in Your hand
even when
i could not comprehend Your work
i could not see Your plan
i could not feel Your love
i will trust in You
let my spirit not wither
let my heart not decay
as long as life sustains
as long as life sustains.

No comments: